|First, we needed to get a pad poured for the steps.|
|The pad poured, and wet curing.|
|The first stair stringer. The goal was originally to have it hit the back of|
pad, but a newbie error has it hitting the middle. We'll live with it. :)
|The stairs are just shy of five feet wide. The math just about undid me|
but it finally clicked!
|The stairs complete, and awaiting railing!|
|The posts all in place.|
|The top rails attached, and the balusters going on.|
|One side complete, and Shelly proudly showing it off.|
|The deck railing complete...just the stairs to go!|
|One side down...one side to go...|
|That's it! It's done! Well...just some blocking and some electrical|
work to do.
This project was the single largest home improvement endeavor we've ever attempted to tackle. We've had a couple months now to enjoy it being done. Shelly and I talk quite a bit about what we built...that we did it together...that we still like each other now that it's done. Neither of us had ever built a deck. But, we built a deck. :)
Damn, we are so very proud of what we accomplished!!!!!
On to the next project...