Chronicling the cleanup and restoration of our house and property in northern Michigan

Chronicling the cleanup and restoration of our house and property in northern Michigan
_____________________________________________________________________________________________________________

Saturday, March 17, 2012

Framing Worthy Of A Picture

The past few days have been pretty busy here at Shangri La.  Shelly and I are continuing our divide and conquer approach, with me still working on the basement and her painting the upstairs, this time in the kitchen. I considered putting both the basement framing and kitchen painting into one post, but Shelly's work in the kitchen deserves a post all of its own.  I'll post that here in a bit.  :-)

Our last update (Another Quick Basement Update) had the walls in the 1/4 of the basement fully insulated.  Today Michael and I knocked out the framing.  This was my first framing project, and I have to say that I am very pleased with how it came out.  My research paid off, and having the right tools sure did make a huge difference.  Probably the coolest tool acquisition was the Hammer Shot.  I ask you, how could shooting a 2 1/2 inch spike through a 2x4 and into concrete using a .22 caliber load and a hammer not be cool?!!

Here's the finished product.



We won't be running electrical or plumbing, or doing any drywall until all of the walls are framed.  With the framing done in this section we'll now be moving on to the next 1/4 of the basement.  Here's the next area we're tackling.

Everything you see there will be moved over to the just completed area.  Then, we start all over again...demo, rerouting electrical, cleaning, caulking, painting, insulating, framing.

That's it for this update.  Tomorrow we'll tackle moving everything over, and begin the demo and prepping of the walls.

Until next time...which will be later tonight.  :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment!