I was able to finish up the Blog of eternal stench... project today, completing the plumbing to bypass the basement cistern. I had to make a judgement call on one of the two floor drain lines. One of the drains is perfectly placed in the laundry area. The second drain is in the middle of the floor, sitting uselessly in our workout area under rubber jigsaw-type floor tiles. I didn't have enough room in the cistern to plumb everything in 3" PVC with that drain line tied in, and I really wanted to keep everything at 3". I figure the larger the diameter of the drain the fewer issues I'll have with clogs. I despise clogs. Decision made...the one floor drain in the laundry area is all we need.
Here is the finished product on the plumbing.
I went with a tee to give me an easily accessible cleanout, which will also double as a drainage point for the dehumidifier. Here's the finished product.
I really couldn't be happier with how this project turned out. No more standing water...no more freezing cold air jetting out of the drain pipe...and NO MORE STENCH.
Until next time. :)